We Connect ID & Destination

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.4
exwayf

Post by exwayf »

Does anyone have success with sending a Destination to their ID4 from the We Connect ID app?

I have tried it but it can take 2-3 days for the details to arrive so not much use!I have even resorted to removing the App and reinstalling it via Infotainment using a different email address but no change.

I am in discussion with the App Developer(s) but they suggest that I may have a poor mobile signal which is odd given that I can control charging and air con without any problem.
ID4 1st Edition in Honey Yellow (77 kWh)

Steve

Post by Steve »

I’ve not had my car for a week yet so I’m sure there are many with more knowledge out there but I did this last week and the next time I got into the car, an hour or two later it had sent the info through. How quickly it did that I’m not sure exactly but if I ask it to charge or to pre condition it takes perhaps 30 seconds. Hope this helps
Deleted User 251

Post by Deleted User 251 »

I just use Apple CarPlay as it's so much more convenient.
exwayf

Post by exwayf »

The developers have replied to me on this:

Destination import function always provides only one destination for a download by your vehicle. Should you send another destination to your vehicle before you have used a previously sent destination for navigation or stored it as a favourite, then this first destination is replaced.

Currently, you may also experience some delays or malfunctions in the transmission of destinations to your navigation system. We are working hard on a solution for this.

We apologise for the inconveniences caused and we hope for your patience.

I am also please to say that they do take on board suggestions. Charging now displays the mph and the kW rate. (version 2.1.3) which asked them for.
ID4 1st Edition in Honey Yellow (77 kWh)