Internet radio unavailable notification.

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.4
AndyF

Post by AndyF »

Has anybody else experienced this? It’s just started in the last few days and no matter what I do it keeps coming back. https://share.icloud.com/photos/02fi3- ... 64liZDQvLQ
Any suggestion to stop it will be appreciated. Failing that I’ll wait till it goes in for its software update next week.
Video is time limited and will disappear 08/09/2022.
ID.4 1st edition

fridgeman

Post by fridgeman »

You need to pay for a data package from Cubic. see below

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/en/connect ... ster.layer
AndyF

Post by AndyF »

fridgeman wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:14 pm You need to pay for a data package from Cubic. see below

It’s only just appeared and I don’t want it, I have CarPlay and unlimited data on my phone. Any idea how I can get rid of it?
ID.4 1st edition
fridgeman

Post by fridgeman »

in the We connect id app turn off internet radio in mobile online services i think
AndyF

Post by AndyF »

fridgeman wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:48 pm in the We connect id app turn off internet radio in mobile online services i think
Thank you, done that. I’ll check what happens in the morning.

F2743C96-3D57-4E8C-A262-61511E316BD6.jpeg

appreciate the help. Cheers.
ID.4 1st edition
AndyF

Post by AndyF »

AndyF wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:54 pm
fridgeman wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:14 pm You need to pay for a data package from Cubic. see below

It’s only just appeared and I don’t want it, I have CarPlay and unlimited data on my phone. Any idea how I can get rid of it?
The penny has dropped. Being a little preoccupied on more important stuff at the moment is my excuse. I’ve just realised I’ve had the car a year and the data plan has expired, hence the notification 🙄. Now I wouldn’t miss the internet radio but but there’s other stuff that is useful. Got you all ways haven’t they. Thanks for the help fridgeman.
ID.4 1st edition
davidf27

Post by davidf27 »

AndyF wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:33 am

The penny has dropped. Being a little preoccupied on more important stuff at the moment is my excuse. I’ve just realised I’ve had the car a year and the data plan has expired, hence the notification 🙄. Now I wouldn’t miss the internet radio but but there’s other stuff that is useful. Got you all ways haven’t they. Thanks for the help fridgeman.
I believe with 3.0 the Internet radio will use the e-sim data for free (for another year)! see VW website:

Currently you are using We Connect Start with your ID. model. With this update you now have the option to receive the next generation of Mobile Online Services free of charge, consisting of two packages: We Connect and We Connect Plus.

We Connect includes additional vehicle-related services, such as the status of doors and lights, and is unlimited in duration.

We Connect Plus includes, among other things, the new Online Point of Interest search for navigation, and Volkswagen also covers the data costs for internet radio. We Connect Plus can be extended for a fee after an initial period.
Blue Dusk FE ID4, Delivered July 2021.
AndyF

Post by AndyF »

davidf27 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:49 am
AndyF wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:33 am
I believe with 3.0 the Internet radio will use the e-sim data for free (for another year)! see VW website:

Currently you are using We Connect Start with your ID. model. With this update you now have the option to receive the next generation of Mobile Online Services free of charge, consisting of two packages: We Connect and We Connect Plus.

We Connect includes additional vehicle-related services, such as the status of doors and lights, and is unlimited in duration.

We Connect Plus includes, among other things, the new Online Point of Interest search for navigation, and Volkswagen also covers the data costs for internet radio. We Connect Plus can be extended for a fee after an initial period.
That’s handy to know, I’ll hold off subscribing for now. Meanwhile, the notification reappeared just now and I’d turned off internet radio in the app. 🙄
ID.4 1st edition
Sainsy

Post by Sainsy »

I've turned it off in the app but still get the message in the car!
AndyF

Post by AndyF »

Sainsy wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:01 pm I've turned it off in the app but still get the message in the car!
So do I but it’s intermittent. Sometimes I can get in the car and it’s fine, no notification. I think it may have something to do with the strength of signal it’s getting combined with the end of contract.
ID.4 1st edition