Delivery Due?

All Volkswagen ID.4 related discussions
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

franky888 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:32 am Ordered my ID4 52kWh Pure Life Moonstone Grey 28th November 2021 from Des Winks Scarborough with a. 5-6 month delivery. I called in on Thursday for an update. Alan the salesman who sold me the car was busy with another customer so I asked another salesman if he could check for any updates. The salesman was not very friendly and did not want to check his system. He just told me that they would contact me with any changes. I asked him again to check his system to see if there was any news on the build date. Reluctantly he checked the system and said there was a build date against the order but it had not being confirmed. After asking him again, he told me that the unconfirmed build date was October 2022. Not a very helpful or friendly person to deal with. I understand that they are frustrated with the situation but so am I, he did not have to be so rude. I wish I had waited to speak to Alan the salesman who sold me the car..
it is very frustrating, they seem to be using October as the new catch-all delivery date for almost all the outstanding (older) orders (if you look through the threads here and over on id3forums too)
i suspect a lot of dealers would be quite happy for you to cancel, so that they can then resell your car at a considerably inflated price, also coupled with the fact the information coming from VW themselves is just random and very inconsistent, so they have no incentive to keep you up to date, even if they do have information available.

quite a few people over on id3forums are reporting their cars status going from status 0 one week (or with week 40x unconfirmed status 10) , to then being built & in transit the next week.

VW's customer care and information really just sucks.
ID.4 Life 52kwh, Moonstone Grey. ordered 21/10/21, confirmed build wk 33, delivered 13/10/22.

Get £50 credit and switch to Octopus with me https://share.octopus.energy/wind-quoll-8400

Larry_Lamb

Post by Larry_Lamb »

franky888 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:32 am Ordered my ID4 52kWh Pure Life Moonstone Grey 28th November 2021 from Des Winks Scarborough with a. 5-6 month delivery. I called in on Thursday for an update. Alan the salesman who sold me the car was busy with another customer so I asked another salesman if he could check for any updates. The salesman was not very friendly and did not want to check his system. He just told me that they would contact me with any changes. I asked him again to check his system to see if there was any news on the build date. Reluctantly he checked the system and said there was a build date against the order but it had not being confirmed. After asking him again, he told me that the unconfirmed build date was October 2022. Not a very helpful or friendly person to deal with. I understand that they are frustrated with the situation but so am I, he did not have to be so rude. I wish I had waited to speak to Alan the salesman who sold me the car..
Most are being quoted a year for delivery at the moment. That's why you got the type of response from the salesman, they'll be getting that same question all the time from customers constantly chasing up but with no apparent end in sight.
ID4 Life 52kWh ordered Aug 16th 2021
Delivered Oct 24th 2022!
Bedford EV

Post by Bedford EV »

MikeS wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:01 am
it is very frustrating, they seem to be using October as the new catch-all delivery date for almost all the outstanding (older) orders (if you look through the threads here and over on id3forums too)
i suspect a lot of dealers would be quite happy for you to cancel, so that they can then resell your car at a considerably inflated price, also coupled with the fact the information coming from VW themselves is just random and very inconsistent, so they have no incentive to keep you up to date, even if they do have information available.

quite a few people over on id3forums are reporting their cars status going from status 0 one week (or with week 40x unconfirmed status 10) , to then being built & in transit the next week.

VW's customer care and information really just sucks.
I suspect that’s because I’d.3 orders are all for one version since they constrained choice some months back. They’re probably building them and aligning orders as they come off the conveyor belt metaphorically.

As mentioned, our dealer quoting 12-15 months on new I’d.4s.
ID.4 Life 52kw 148ps in Moonstone Grey; 2nd order ID.4 Style 52kw in Kings Red
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

It's a mix of (id.3) life, family, tour and max orders that are coming through. My comment was mostly about VWs abysmal communication and total lack of transparency around ordering builds and deliveries.

You are correct, anyone who ordered a new car this year should be expecting a 12m+ delivery time, unless you get lucky with a cancelled order, or a dealer pre-order (although VW effectively stopped those some time ago now)

As for me , I ordered Oct 21 currently looking at 13months order to build, and maybe late 22 delivery if I'm lucky. :cry: more likely 2023 atm :x
ID.4 Life 52kwh, Moonstone Grey. ordered 21/10/21, confirmed build wk 33, delivered 13/10/22.

Get £50 credit and switch to Octopus with me https://share.octopus.energy/wind-quoll-8400
rjf88

Post by rjf88 »

After getting thoroughly frustrated with the lack of any contact from my dealership, plus an insulting email from Rod McLeod which told me that my dealership would keep me informed (ha!) I contacted VW head office again.

I now have a lovely person there keeping me up to date, and promises to ring me every week regardless of the movement on the order. I’ve still not had a response from the dealership from contacting them 4 weeks ago…

Currently on an unconfirmed build week 28 - which seems awfully close for it to be unconfirmed still!
Id4 Style ordered 31/08/21.
Last meaningful conversation had with the dealership - 31/08/21.
Buxton1

Post by Buxton1 »

rjf88 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:45 pm After getting thoroughly frustrated with the lack of any contact from my dealership, plus an insulting email from Rod McLeod which told me that my dealership would keep me informed (ha!) I contacted VW head office again.

I now have a lovely person there keeping me up to date, and promises to ring me every week regardless of the movement on the order. I’ve still not had a response from the dealership from contacting them 4 weeks ago…

Currently on an unconfirmed build week 28 - which seems awfully close for it to be unconfirmed still!
Hi, Do you mind me asking how you went about contacting vw head office and what information you had to provide them? I don’t think I have the vehicle order number anywhere only the paperwork with the car details and the deposit we paid etc.

Thanks
Motability Customer
Peugeot 5008 is my DD
Build Week commencing 12/09/2022
VW ID.4 Pure Life ordered 21st November 2021
Ohme Home Pro Charger
ID4layed

Post by ID4layed »

Soni1975 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:56 am Erin Hatton (Fleet Sales Admin) at Parkway has always been helpful for me

Build week 43 (late October) I’ve been told, and that is anticipated to be a worst case.
ID.4 150kW Family Pro Performance 77kWh.
Ordered wk48 2021.
Status 30 wk50 2022.
Delivered wk04 2023.
JollyNiceChap

Post by JollyNiceChap »

Another setback today.
Build week put back a month to Week 46 and still not confirmed.
Ordered 16 October!
Theory1719

Post by Theory1719 »

Update via email last week - “due to dealer August”, voicemail today stating “Dealer confirmed it’s pushed back to end of August”

No other info available…salt and pinch
Cymrudragon444

Post by Cymrudragon444 »

Your car is scheduled to be built at the beginning of Sept, which will probably mean getting to the UK around Oct/Nov providing the week does not change.
I had this message yesterday from my dealer