Dip mirror on reverse

All Volkswagen ID.4 related discussions
exwayf

Post by exwayf »

I have 1st Edition and the manual says you can program the passenger mirror to dip when you put the vehicle into reverse. However I have failed miserably and cannot get it to work. Has anyone got this working? Any tips?

It is the one thing my old CR-V used to do automatically.

Thanks
ID4 1st Edition in Honey Yellow (77 kWh)

gflacko

Post by gflacko »

You need to select L on the mirror control. When you reverse the mirror will then dip. You can leave the mirror control on L so that when you reverse it happens automatically. However, if you move the rotary knob your left mirror will move! To set it up unlock the vehicle with the key to which the settings will be assigned, select reverse, adjust left mirror, put into neutral, switch off ignition. The settings should now be saved so when you reverse the mirror will dip provided L is selected. Definitely a bit clunky compared to my last car which like yours just did it automatically. This was on a max, not sure if you have this on the 1st edition.
ID.4 Max 77kWh in Manganese Grey with tow hook.
AndyF

Post by AndyF »

As far as I can tell this isn’t on the ID.4. 1st edition. I’ve just tried to find it again as it was discussed in a previous post. My solution is quite simple, as the mirrors are quite large I’ve tipped them both down a little more than normal. It works for me when reversing into parking spaces. I’d trade the camera any day for a dipping kerbside mirror especially with very expensive 20” wheels.
ID.4 1st edition
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

I can't get this to work on mine either. I even emailed VW directly and asked if my car had this facility. I gave them my registration and VIN and their response was, "check with your dealer". I despair.
ID4 1st Edition in Dusk Blue Metallic (77 kWh)
EO Mini Pro 2
tkid

Post by tkid »

I remember seeing this as option that you could turn on in the settings before you press the brake pedal to turn on the car. Once the car is 'on' that setting disappears such that you can't select it anymore. It was weird. I think it's not available on the 1st Edition.
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

tkid wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:42 pm I remember seeing this as option that you could turn on in the settings before you press the brake pedal to turn on the car. Once the car is 'on' that setting disappears such that you can't select it anymore. It was weird. I think it's not available on the 1st Edition.
I tried this today and got exactly the same as you. I wonder if this will become an option in a future software update.
EO Mini Pro 2
Vpatz232

Post by Vpatz232 »

Picked up a 2022 Life Pure this week and noticed the car didn’t have this option in the menu. I tried the instructions given in the manual (see attached photos) however have had no luck. Wonder if this option has been purposefully omitted on the Life trim, or whether it’s something that could be coded in (by dealer or by OBD Eleven)

924430FA-1A52-4A57-94A7-6A30E67A8EEE.jpeg

DA8B7670-DE8B-4A70-9EA2-2F57CACC09CB.jpeg

1B089BD3-2B9C-4BBB-93C1-AD218E60E2B6.jpeg

2022 VW ID.4 Life 52kWh Pure 148PS
Scale Silver
Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/wise-shell-392
Bedford EV

Post by Bedford EV »

Picked up our Life 52kw yesterday. Base model, so none of the memory seat options associated with mirrors apply.

Tried the exact same instructions from the online manual, via internet, and no success.

We are also on version 2.3.

I’ll keep trying, but initial thoughts are this feature is not standard on entry level cars. I’ll ring the dealer tomorrow if no success.

Unless somebody else can fix sooner of course?
😉
ID.4 Life 52kw 148ps in Moonstone Grey; 2nd order ID.4 Style 52kw in Kings Red
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

I have since discovered that this option will only work if you have the memory module installed.
EO Mini Pro 2
Vpatz232

Post by Vpatz232 »

Warrior wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:07 pm I have since discovered that this option will only work if you have the memory module installed.
That’s a shame! Definitely a first world problem. I suppose I will have to manually twist and push the dial and dip the mirror.
2022 VW ID.4 Life 52kWh Pure 148PS
Scale Silver
Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/wise-shell-392