V2.4 Dealer/Service point upgrades starting July 2022

All Volkswagen ID.4 related discussions
Bedford EV

Post by Bedford EV »

robal_k wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:01 pm
Bedford EV wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:17 pm Let’s hope it starts tomorrow 😬
Got bad news for you :/
My 2.4 update / battery replacement was done on 19th of July.
I've also received two small OTAs right after it like you did.

I'm still waiting for 3.0 OTA. It's more than 2 weeks now.

Mind you, VW website about 3.0 updated does say that (in FAQ section here: https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/en/owners- ... e-3-0.html):
After this service campaign “12 volt battery exchange with the ID. software 2.4 update” is completed for your ID. at the service retailer, it may take a few weeks until your ID. receives the update, as we are rolling out the ID. software 3.0 step-by-step.
and
It takes at least seven days for your VIN to be included in the ID. software 3.0 update campaign.
Oh that’s not bad news, we don’t want to be in the first phase of v3.0 upgrades. We will wait until Q4 before considering it.
V2.4 working fine one day later.
🤞
ID.4 Life 52kw 148ps in Moonstone Grey; 2nd order ID.4 Style 52kw in Kings Red

gflacko

Post by gflacko »

Completed update with no issues. Took 2 days and looking at the number of worksheets involved not surprised. Stack of sheets was at least an inch high! Now waiting for OTA update to 3.0 but in no rush.
ID.4 Max 77kWh in Manganese Grey with tow hook.
Les_ID4

Post by Les_ID4 »

Got mine updated yesterday and battery replaced. Still shows as version 2.3 but Software changed from 0910 to 0912
Although they are saying wait until you are contacted, I emailed the dealer and had it done in less than a week.

V2_4.jpg

Warrior

Post by Warrior »

Just got mine back from having the battery replacement and software update. It went in on Thursday, but it took a lot longer than the scheduled time. After speaking to the head techie, he told me that some cars sail through the update, but others do not. Anyway, all ready for v3 OTA in the coming weeks - hopefully.
ID4 1st Edition in Dusk Blue Metallic (77 kWh)
EO Mini Pro 2
VWPilot

Post by VWPilot »

Just booked mine in for this. Earliest date available at Vindis near me was 20th March 2023. Looking forward to getting V4.0 Software by then!!!
Glacier White ID4 Max Pro with 20" Drammen Alloys. B.D.
AndyF

Post by AndyF »

Received an email this morning from VW telling to book with my dealer. It’s a shame they didn’t know that I’d booked with them over a week ago and it goes in on Friday. 🤣

Quick point, has anyone been asked to pay £25 (or any amount) to insure a courtesy car while the work is done? There’s no mention of this in the VW blurb as far as I can see.
ID.4 1st edition
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

My dealer, Listers Evesham, offered to come and pick mine up and deliver back, which I accepted, in order to save me the £25 insurance cost if I had decided to have a courtesy car.
ID4 1st Edition in Dusk Blue Metallic (77 kWh)
EO Mini Pro 2
AndyF

Post by AndyF »

Warrior wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:42 pm My dealer, Listers Evesham, offered to come and pick mine up and deliver back, which I accepted, in order to save me the £25 insurance cost if I had decided to have a courtesy car.
Strangely, that’s where mine’s going but I may live a little further afield than you. According maps it’s 26 miles so they probably baulked at picking me up.
ID.4 1st edition
CoxJul

Post by CoxJul »

Having started this thread I'm sitting quietly and patiently, not commenting about not having heard anything yet, just in case doing so jinxes me and pushes me down the list...

DOH!
Kelvin1066

Post by Kelvin1066 »

It seems to be normal practice now to charge £20 or so for courtesy car - happened with my Peugeot though on that occasion I argued and got it waived as I felt the car was faulty. I guess the ID4 is as well or they wouldn't be offering a free upgrade but at least getting an improved vehicle hopefully. Not that anything wrong with mine - very pleased with it especially the accuracy of the range predictions. Saving so much money on fuel £20 - £25 doesn't seem to bad to get a courtesy car for 2 days.