V2.4 Dealer/Service point upgrades starting July 2022

All Volkswagen ID.4 related discussions
robal_k

Post by robal_k »

It's happening!
Just received a call from my local dealer and booked for next week.
They say they need the car for 2 days. Jeez!

ngauging

Post by ngauging »

Car now back all rcall work completed but unsure, apart from battery exchange, as the settings menu still shows Version 2.3 software. There was a hanger saying the car is in a position to receive an OTA 2.4 software update which apparently is in two parts taking c. 10 hours in total to install.

We had two cars booked in but the second was not done as the workshop had a problem with other cars which made the cars inoperable and awaiting a programme code from VW.

I would also like full information on what is in version 2.4.

Otherwise very pleased with car and service provided.

ID4 1st Edition 77 Kw
tkid

Post by tkid »

For anyone who has yet to book their appointment, I would strongly recommend getting your garage to arrange a loan vehicle whilst it's being upgraded.

Mine (FE) went in on Tuesday 19th and are still having problems with the upgrade - the air conditioning unit is now failing because of it.
Kelvin1066

Post by Kelvin1066 »

I booked mine in and they phoned to change appt as found upgrade is taking 2 days. Now booked in for beginning September - will look for further posts and might postpone further if everyone having problems. Hopefully teething problems sorted by then. I know the upgrade is supposed to improve things but is there something actually wrong with the original batteries to make them give everyone a free upgrade that must be costly for VW?
ngauging

Post by ngauging »

My understanding is that 2.4 will be an OTA update not part of the workshop upgrade to follow on at a later date. I recommend that both vehicle fobs accompany the car as I had to have my spare key reprogrammed afterwards when it no longer worked. Apart from that no other problems after the work was carried out.
davidf27

Post by davidf27 »

Car is in this morning for 2.4 and new 12v battery. Dealer confirmed they are getting them done same day, which is why they requested drop off 8am.

What is planned (According to their online checkin process):

ID4 SOFTWARE UPDATE
RECALLS / 888144 CSU BOOKING
RECALL 97FS
CARRY OUT 97FS RECALL
SUPPLY AND FIT NEW 12V BATTERY
CONFIRM CUSTOMER HAS REGISTERED
WE CONNECT ACCOUNT Y/N
Blue Dusk FE ID4, Delivered July 2021.
gflacko

Post by gflacko »

Just had an interesting talk with my local service agent. Following my invitation email from VW for the “complimentary battery upgrade and software update” I gave the garage a ring. They have put the upgrade on hold as they were having issues with some of the cars being “bricked” after the update. One of the cars has even gone back to VW for investigation. So it appears there is some risk to this procedure. The garage will give me a ring back when the problem has been solved. They estimate 6 weeks but who knows.
ID.4 Max 77kWh in Manganese Grey with tow hook.
davidf27

Post by davidf27 »

Update is all done, took them slightly longer than planned, went in Monday morning and collected it Tuesday lunchtime so just over a day.
No real issues to mention and no real changes to mention. System seems slightly slower when getting in the car to load up, I probably just need to move maps out of my multi window (speeds things up usually). Patiently awaiting 3.0 which should come OTA sometime soon and have some nice useful changes :)
Blue Dusk FE ID4, Delivered July 2021.
tkid

Post by tkid »

Happy that it's gone well for you @davidf27. I think mine is properly bricked as my dealership have repeatedly tried updating the car but apparently keeps crashing. They are supposedly in touch with VW tech support, but can't say when they'll be able to give the car back. :x

I did see a We Connect ID notification on my phone pop up twice saying charging error twice on Monday, so it looks like the dealership tried to charge my car but has failed.

It does make me wonder whether it's car related, or technician related - @gflacko maybe we're talking about the same place?
gflacko

Post by gflacko »

Hi @tkid, sorry to hear about your problems. I am in North Devon. However, the VW software division is under some pressure due to their poor performance and is one of the main reasons the VW board just outed their CEO. So I am not surprised if there are issues with the upgrade. I am certainly in no hurry as the car is working well at the moment. Nice to have the updates but planning to wait until the dust settles. There have been successful updates see:
ID.4 Max 77kWh in Manganese Grey with tow hook.