Tyres

All Volkswagen ID.4 related discussions
AndyF

Post by AndyF »

What’s the best mileage people are getting out of their tyres?
I have Bridgestone’s and the rears are approaching end of life at nearly 15,000 miles. The fronts still have plenty left. Bearing in mind 6000 miles were when it was a dealer demonstrator and managers run around I think 15k is pretty good. Thought I’d have to replace one the other day when I parked on a discarded dog grooming rake, tines up. Eased forward and it was well and truly embedded. I don’t know if it fully penetrated but if it did the self seal did the trick as it’s still fully inflated a week later.

I’m sure there was a previous thread on here on tyre choice and life but I can’t find it. Hence the new topic.
ID.4 1st edition

wilts_jeff

Post by wilts_jeff »

Bit of a thread resurrection but I have just had a rear fail on me at almost 23k miles. The tyres were checked about 6 weeks ago as part of the 2.4 update and although worn the dealer was happy they were still ok of another couple of thousand miles. Looks like he may have been a little optimistic! Still happy with the mileage we got from them, and the fronts still have loads left. Also shout out to RAC and Kwikfit for the amazing service - not something we have always received from either. We were visiting family in Manchester, 200+ miles from our home, and they sourced two tyres, sent a truck to remove both rears, take the wheels to get the new tyres fitted and returned and fitted them. In around 2 hours on a Sunday....
ID.4 1st Edition in Dusk Blue Metallic (77 kWh)
MyEnergi Zappi 2