Park assistance plus?

All Volkswagen ID.4 related discussions
Tdubz

Post by Tdubz »

Hi there, I’ve just taken possession of a Volkswagen Id.4 (Electric Estate Life 150kW Life Pro Performance 77kWh 5dr Auto).

We’re leasing it, so didn’t get to choose specifications etc. I’m trying to work out if it has the auto park feature (I think this is referred to as park assistance plus). When I go online and try to build the same model this feature seems to be included in the package? Although my car could have been ordered before this was added as standard?

I can’t immediately see it anywhere on the car menu itself?

How do I check if this feature is included? Any thoughts?

BEC9E417-EE0D-4FFB-855B-62061FDF908E.jpeg

Vander

Post by Vander »

Congratulations on your new delivery - I'm sure you'll love it!

There's a helpful video here...

My ID5 seems to have the full suite of parking assistance, but some of it is much better than others. I have found that auto parking into a bay is totally hopeless, with the car making some wild steering manouvres, mounting kerbs, and generally looking embarassing to onlookers. The same has been true of parallel parking on a street. Of course, I'm not ruling out some element of user error, however.

You access the bay and parallel features from the "P Menu" button (two buttons left of the Hazard Lights switch).

However, the Memory parking, where the vehicle learns the last section (up to 50 metres) of your drive home is awesome. My parking at home involves some very tricky line-ups for a reverse up a narrow drive, and some tight bends and a narrow gateway also. The memory parking absolutely aces this, though occasionally does slam the brakes on if overhanging foliage is detected as an obstacle.

You can easily tell if you have the memory parking - when you get into your drive at home and turn the drive switch to "Park", one of the options offered in the displayed menu is "Save Parking Process". If you are able to do that, next time you approach a location along the saved route you'll be offered the option shown at 1:17 in the above video (note that the Start button is greyed out until you come to a halt with the brake. It's nerve-wracking, and you'll want to have your foot hovering closely over the brake pedal, but you do soon learn to trust the car.

All of the foregoing is based on my vehicle with software 3.0 - not sure if other versions differ.

I hope this helps
ID4 Max Kings Red
Ordered Nov 21
Mar 23 order status: 10
Apr 23 Cancelled, tired of waiting.

ID5 Tech Pro in the meantime. V3.0 from the factory.
Generationgav

Post by Generationgav »

If your car has the steel wheels then I'm pretty sure it's not included, if it has the alloys then it is. If you google you can see the sensors down the side of the car and see if your car has these or not.

The "memory parking" function isn't available on any models apart from the Pure, this is a bit annoying and I think it's just a software switch to enable it, but that's the case.
kingkladze

Post by kingkladze »

I have steel wheels and the side sensors. The car has park assist self parking but not memory parking. It also has 3.1 software
No available upgrades showing in we connect shop...yet
Generationgav

Post by Generationgav »

kingkladze wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:46 pm I have steel wheels and the side sensors. The car has park assist self parking but not memory parking. It also has 3.1 software
No available upgrades showing in we connect shop...yet
OK - I was wrong then. Very interesting that you've not got memory parking as that does seem to be the specs of all but the GTX.MAX now but I was struggling to find a single person who actually had that configuration. Would be great if memory park can be added on, as we should have all of the hardware.
icowden

Post by icowden »

Same here. Just took delivery of a 2022 LIfe Pro and no memory park sadly. Didn't get the option to configure options as it's a company car and I ordered it back when it was the 2021 edition (got an upgrade to Pro though as compensation for waiting almost a year so not all bad).
Bedford EV

Post by Bedford EV »

icowden wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:05 pm Same here. Just took delivery of a 2022 LIfe Pro and no memory park sadly. Didn't get the option to configure options as it's a company car and I ordered it back when it was the 2021 edition (got an upgrade to Pro though as compensation for waiting almost a year so not all bad).
First of all, well done icowden on your new arrival. Glad the Storks are still delivering. Enjoy!

Regarding PA+, I can confirm our entry level Life didn’t have PA, but our entry level Style does. Neither have PA+.

Reminder neither are ‘Edition’ variants.
👍
ID.4 Life 52kw 148ps in Moonstone Grey; 2nd order ID.4 Style 52kw in Kings Red
icowden

Post by icowden »

I think the Storks may have just re-started delivering. At the start of term there was one ID4 in the school car park (not my one!). There are now three - all of us have chosen the cheap grey colour scheme. It's fun watching the kids try and work out which is their ID4...