Software 3 .0 update for Ovo charge anytime

All Volkswagen ID.4 related discussions
ADMIT

Post by ADMIT »

ID4 was updated to 3.2 software in early July and straight away signed up for OVO Charge Anytime. Since then multiple charging using the Podpoint wall charger and the discount is applied to the monthly bill. I haven't set any timings on the car or Podpoint, just allow OVO Charge Anytime to charge "when it decides is the best time" as long as it is ready by 8am. So far so good.
ID.4 Life Pro Performance in Honey Yellow since 5th November 2021

khewco

Post by khewco »

Checked my bill this month and the Anytime Charge credit from July has been credited to the account so all seems to be working ok. Seems to be generally ok now, obviously using a granny cable charging is slow and sometimes it says it will be ready by the time set, and it isn't but it continues charging anyway and usually only 40-60 mins after I requested so I've just started setting it an hour earlier lol. Did have an occurrence last week where it seemed to take a long time (i.e. 20 mins) for it to detect the car was plugged in, but the VW app was showing charging. Does seem to suggest in the small print somewhere that you should give it 30 mins to sync/detect.
Derosa

Post by Derosa »

I have a 2022 ID4 and am also an OVO Energy customer . I have never bothered buying a home charger as, surprisingly, I find using the three pin plug normally charges my car overnight with no problems. We recently installed the Ovo Charge Anytime app and it is working perfectly. We thought we would have problems as we have no charger but it works perfectly. Very impressed so far. We typically plug in with about 30% and it charges late afternoon/overnight to 80% and we can see the credit amount immediately.
imaginaryboy

Post by imaginaryboy »

Do you mind if I ask how OVO would work practically if for example I needed to charge in the middle of the day?

Is OVO not a bit restrictive if it has the 30 minute sync delay? And I always have to put a time I want to leave?

So if I’ve been driving in the morning, need to charge whilst I pop home for lunch for an hour and then go out driving again?

With the fact that by the sound of it I have to use the OVO app to ‘request’ a charge in the app and then the possible sync delay. Could I end up with the car not charging for some of that 1hr when compared to just a normal charge?

Thank you 🤩