Delivery Due?

All Volkswagen ID.4 related discussions
Buxton1

Post by Buxton1 »

Cymrudragon444 wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:03 pm I had a phone call from my dealer last Friday picking my new ID4 this Thursday can't wait I ordered it last November so nearly a year but it's finally here.
That’s exciting news for you I bet you can’t wait! It’s interesting isn’t it how I ordered two days before you and mine is still at the port in Emden last I heard yesterday. Hopefully here in a couple more weeks fingers crossed 🤞
Motability Customer
Peugeot 5008 is my DD
Build Week commencing 12/09/2022
VW ID.4 Pure Life ordered 21st November 2021
Ohme Home Pro Charger

Cymrudragon444

Post by Cymrudragon444 »

Buxton1 wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:58 pm
Cymrudragon444 wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:03 pm I had a phone call from my dealer last Friday picking my new ID4 this Thursday can't wait I ordered it last November so nearly a year but it's finally here.
That’s exciting news for you I bet you can’t wait! It’s interesting isn’t it how I ordered two days before you and mine is still at the port in Emden last I heard yesterday. Hopefully here in a couple more weeks fingers crossed 🤞
I've got my fingers crossed for you, hope you have the car soon it's really strange that you ordered your car before me and you are still waiting :roll:
id4cardiff

Post by id4cardiff »

Ordered my ID4 pure life with some extras (alloy wheels, glass roof etc) end of Nov 21. Was intially due to be delivered in July 22, the put back to early Dec 22. Just spoken to dealership - it has now arrived in country and can expect to pick it up late next week!
Bedford EV

Post by Bedford EV »

id4cardiff wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:25 pm Ordered my ID4 pure life with some extras (alloy wheels, glass roof etc) end of Nov 21. Was intially due to be delivered in July 22, the put back to early Dec 22. Just spoken to dealership - it has now arrived in country and can expect to pick it up late next week!
Excellent news Cardiff. Enjoy.

INFO: Ours came last week with 3.1 installed, and seven days later 3.2 installed OTA. No issues so far.
ID.4 Life 52kw 148ps in Moonstone Grey; 2nd order ID.4 Style 52kw in Kings Red
Larry_Lamb

Post by Larry_Lamb »

Bedford EV wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:33 pm
id4cardiff wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:25 pm Ordered my ID4 pure life with some extras (alloy wheels, glass roof etc) end of Nov 21. Was intially due to be delivered in July 22, the put back to early Dec 22. Just spoken to dealership - it has now arrived in country and can expect to pick it up late next week!

INFO: Ours came last week with 3.1 installed, and seven days later 3.2 installed OTA. No issues so far.
Eh?

There is no 3.2 at the moment, I have 3.1. On the day of delivery there was a minor update installed but its not 3.2.

What's it say in your ID Software section in the tiles page.
ID4 Life 52kWh ordered Aug 16th 2021
Delivered Oct 24th 2022!
Cymrudragon444

Post by Cymrudragon444 »

Picked mine up today at 1:30. Absolutely love it! Really pleased black, falun alloys pure.
Bedford EV

Post by Bedford EV »

Larry_Lamb wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:55 pm
Bedford EV wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:33 pm

Eh?

There is no 3.2 at the moment, I have 3.1. On the day of delivery there was a minor update installed but its not 3.2.

What's it say in your ID Software section in the tiles page.
I went to Specsavers. See photo attached. We are on v3.2.
👍

976F5E0D-CA83-4295-BCBC-CAF7102AABA4.jpeg

Larry_Lamb

Post by Larry_Lamb »

What the, I can find no reference to 3.2 being out anywhere in the UK yet for the ID 3/4 range.

This mentions it's released in the Buzz - https://www.volkswagen-newsroom.com/en/ ... ates-15147

I stand corrected though, looks like it's only some minor updates which I won't use but bug fixes are always good so long as it doesn't introduce more.
ID4 Life 52kWh ordered Aug 16th 2021
Delivered Oct 24th 2022!
Bedford EV

Post by Bedford EV »

Larry_Lamb wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:23 am What the, I can find no reference to 3.2 being out anywhere in the UK yet for the ID 3/4 range.

This mentions it's released in the Buzz - https://www.volkswagen-newsroom.com/en/ ... ates-15147

I stand corrected though, looks like it's only some minor updates which I won't use but bug fixes are always good so long as it doesn't introduce more.
Hi Larry,
I’ve also noticed a change to Parking Assist since v3.2. It think it gives you another option regarding space selection, and before you press start. Still not 100% comfortable with PA, but i have now used it in anger - and lived to tell the tale.

Reminder we have Style model and pre Edition version.
adamID4

Post by adamID4 »

Hi all - my first time posting but I’ve been following for a while now. Just wanting to know how other peoples situations compares to ours.

We ordered in October 21, and had our car built mid August. This then left the factory on the 7th September, and since then we haven’t been able to get a single update from our dealer, and is apparently still showing as ‘in transit from factory’ on their systems. We were promised delivery by the end of September/beginning of October, but now we’re at 8 weeks since this left the factory. Obviously 8 weeks to get to the port of exit is ridiculous, but our dealer have said that it looks like it is on a carrier somewhere and they can’t tell us anything else. Apparently this is a known problem, are we been fed a load of rubbish? Is anyone else in a similar situation.

Our vehicle is the base model life in manganese grey metallic, and qualified for the government grant - which thankfully looks like we will still get as long as it is here within the next 6 months. We’re assuming that the situation is that VW tried to push through our order, along with others which had a grant, before these expired after 12 months from order date. Then after these grants were extended to 18 months, they’ve shelved our order and it’s sat in waiting.

Any similar stories or advice would be appreciated.