ID4 will not go online

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.4
AlbyVaz

Post by AlbyVaz »

I encountered this problem early on in ownership and emailed the Weconnect VW app, who rectified it remotely; it has operated flawlessly since.

Salimo

Post by Salimo »

Hi I have my id4 first edition for a year now no broblem but now giving error automatic brake light or error auto hold and once gave error electric drive not working correctly the car stopped cannot move it after 10 minutes working OK any idea other wise to be booked and wasting time
Vpatz232

Post by Vpatz232 »

I’ve experienced the same “offline” issue for the past week. Booked in with my local dealer for 2 weeks time (earliest appointment they had). Fighting the urge to pull the fuse, but having read this thread, I have gone ahead and emailed We Charge / We Connect. Miss being able to precondition the car.
2022 VW ID.4 Life 52kWh Pure 148PS
Scale Silver
Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/wise-shell-392
wilts_jeff

Post by wilts_jeff »

We have just started seeing this offline error this week. Emailed as suggested and wait and see what happens. Not being able to pre-condition at the moment is a little chilly!!!
ID.4 1st Edition in Dusk Blue Metallic (77 kWh)
MyEnergi Zappi 2
Milk float driver

Post by Milk float driver »

I have lived with the same issue for a week. I was all fired up to tackle my dealer today, thought I would do one last check in We Connect and its back online. MAGIC
Bedford EV

Post by Bedford EV »

Just out of sideline interest, what version of software are the January 2023 incidents of ‘won’t go online’ please?
ID.4 Life 52kw 148ps in Moonstone Grey; 2nd order ID.4 Style 52kw in Kings Red
Milk float driver

Post by Milk float driver »

Hi, still on 2.4
wilts_jeff

Post by wilts_jeff »

wilts_jeff wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:21 am We have just started seeing this offline error this week. Emailed as suggested and wait and see what happens. Not being able to pre-condition at the moment is a little chilly!!!
Seems to be a quick fix as VW informed me on Monday that it was resolved, so two days from reporting it. All good so far. Also notice that the We Connect app has also been updated to v3.0 though that may have just been a coincidence....

Car is still on 2.4
ID.4 1st Edition in Dusk Blue Metallic (77 kWh)
MyEnergi Zappi 2
Bedford EV

Post by Bedford EV »

Interesting re software version. We have one Id4 on 2.4 software, and one on 3.2. Both parked in exact same space (e.g. signal) each night. We’ve had the ‘cannot connect’ issue twice on 2.4 model. None on 3.2 ……….yet

Could be just coincidence. Not much science in my thinking.

Note: both times fixed within 4 days after emailing VW support.
ID.4 Life 52kw 148ps in Moonstone Grey; 2nd order ID.4 Style 52kw in Kings Red