We charge card/app

All Volkswagen ID.4 related discussions
AndyF

Post by AndyF »

I’ve been using the we charge card recently since we’ve started getting compatible chargers in the area and GeniePoint have hiked prices. It’s now cost effective to use we charge.
Today I went to an Evyve charger I’ve used before but it decided to say my card was invalid. Turns out the site is down for maintenance (you’d think the screen would tell you) but it got me thinking, it allows app payments too but I’m guessing the we charge app doesn’t do that, it’s card only… am I right? Presumably Bonnet etc is what it means.

Thoughts?
ID.4 1st edition

davidf27

Post by davidf27 »

FYI - Geniepoint have now dropped their prices from 15th May to 75p off peak and 79p peak.
Blue Dusk FE ID4, Delivered July 2021.
AndyF

Post by AndyF »

davidf27 wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 1:51 pm FYI - Geniepoint have now dropped their prices from 15th May to 75p off peak and 79p peak.
Yes I saw that but at £00.48/KWh it’s still cheaper with We charge.
Even cheaper than with bonnet. Committed to we charge now for 12 months, the evyve charger is quite a bit faster too.
ID.4 1st edition
SteveH

Post by SteveH »

Just signed up to We Charge and got a couple of questions if anyone can help.
If the account is active through My Volkswagen and I use a "We Charge" charge point, does the charge start just by plugging in the car?

On the VW app it shows some chargers near me that are on "We Charge", and priced at 63p per kWh.
The same chargers are on the ChargePoint app at 24p per kWh, so if I plugged in and the charge started would I automatically be charged at 63p?

Cheers

Just done some more research and fount that "Plug & Charge" needs to be activated in the app, so I'll leave that for now. So you can ignore my first question. :D
ID.4 Family Pro Performance

Split £100 with every friend who signs up with this link for Octopus Energy

https://share.octopus.energy/crisp-rhino-825
AndyF

Post by AndyF »

SteveH wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:19 am Just signed up to We Charge and got a couple of questions if anyone can help.
If the account is active through My Volkswagen and I use a "We Charge" charge point, does the charge start just by plugging in the car?

On the VW app it shows some chargers near me that are on "We Charge", and priced at 63p per kWh.
The same chargers are on the ChargePoint app at 24p per kWh, so if I plugged in and the charge started would I automatically be charged at 63p?

Cheers

Just done some more research and fount that "Plug & Charge" needs to be activated in the app, so I'll leave that for now. So you can ignore my first question. :D
Very few uk chargers have plug and charge. I think ionity are supposed to have it but I haven’t had chance to try it yet as the last time I tried to get one at Cullompton there was a massive queue. The ones I use locally are evyve, bp pulse and osprey and none of them allow plug and charge. If you go into filters on the map in the app you can select plug and charge as opposed to we charge card and the map will show you which are on it. Be prepared for a blank map near you.
ID.4 1st edition
bubblebuzz

Post by bubblebuzz »

As near as I can tell from chargers around me. Only the ionity chargers make We Charge Plus value for money. Shame there are only two ionity sites in Northern Ireland.