Car won't select drive or reverse after crash

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.4
Manta

Post by Manta »

Hi we are a small garage and have just bought some ID4s to train the young staff. The airbags have deployed and now been replaced and the pyro fuze has been changed and the airbag ECU has been flashed.

We have a code - B1ACCF7 high voltage battery charger - locking after severe crash.

Please can someone advise on how to get rid of this code.

Thanks!

Dkong

Post by Dkong »

I think it needs to be unlocked using odis online.

Did you change just the pyro fuse or the whole unit and battery control module?

What fault codes did you have before and what did changing the fuse clear?
Manta

Post by Manta »

Hello thank you for the feedback
Online odis chap is coming today
Only changed the pyro fuse not whole module
The change in DCT's from before and after the pyro fuse was change has been huge so hopping odis online will reset the system.
We have DCT's which are data bus missing messages
Only one DCT C6 B1ACCF7 high- voltage battery Charger -locking after severe crash is Active/Static

Thanks
Dkong

Post by Dkong »

Did Odis online solve it?
Manta

Post by Manta »

No but ordered new modules for tomorrow.
Dkong

Post by Dkong »

What did you get stuck on. I just done an id3 today and was able to clear the codes using odis. (Only fuse changed)

Do you have airbag module codes?
Manta

Post by Manta »

Morning think i found the fault the fuse was still open circuit opened it and found copper strip was broken.. after testing with a meter and then took it apart and hey presto.

I hope after replacing modules we should be fine. Cant find where to buy fuse on its own. also we will need the odis chap to do his stuff when all fitted.

Just curious if we replace modules today do i need odis straight away or will the vehicle move?

I hope all go well today will let you know outcome.

Thanks
Chris

Post by Chris »

Hello,

We also bought an ID4 with deployed airbags to train and fix up and are running into pyro fuse issue. The only place I found online it located is at the battery which doesn't make a lot of scene . My question is if anyone can help me:
1. Is there another place for pyro fuse
2. If not, does the whole battery have to be removed or is there a better way to get to the pyro fuse?

Thank you
rajjuttla

Post by rajjuttla »

Hi, the pyro fuse is in the module in the main battery, which will need to be dropped and opened to access to the pyro.
if the airbags are all triggered the pyro is blown.
Mack 2210

Post by Mack 2210 »

Hi can the pyro fuse be purchased on its own or do we need to purchase the whole module