Reduced Charging Following Minor Software Update

All Volkswagen ID.4 related discussions
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

My ID4 received a minor OTA update on Thursday and it only took a few minutes. This morning I decide to charge the car as it was down to 30%. Everything started okay, but then I noticed my smart meter was only showing just over 2kWh. I checked the app and car and yes it was only charging at 2kWh. I tried resetting the charger and app, but to no avail, so now it's sat charging, but won't finish until around 7:45pm tonight. Anyone else had the update and had problems. (I know Andyf has had one regarding a jingling sound)
ID4 1st Edition in Dusk Blue Metallic (77 kWh)
EO Mini Pro 2

Warrior

Post by Warrior »

Well, later yesterday I paused the charge and went for a short drive. When I got back, I tried another charging session. This time, the charge rate went up to 4kWh. I left it for a while, then unplugged overnight. This morning, I've tried another charging session and lo and behold the charge rate has gone back to normal, at 7kWh. Explain that one.
EO Mini Pro 2
Bedford EV

Post by Bedford EV »

Thought: 2kw per hour is similar to AC ‘granny plug’ speed. Have you checked that setting? Just a thought.
We had same software upgrade and didn’t experience any symptoms.
ID.4 Life 52kw 148ps in Moonstone Grey; 2nd order ID.4 Style 52kw in Kings Red
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

Didn't change any settings. All settings were fine. Charging over that short period went from 2kWh, then to 4kWh, then 7kWh. A complete mystery.
EO Mini Pro 2
AndyF

Post by AndyF »

Warrior wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 11:41 am My ID4 received a minor OTA update on Thursday and it only took a few minutes. This morning I decide to charge the car as it was down to 30%. Everything started okay, but then I noticed my smart meter was only showing just over 2kWh. I checked the app and car and yes it was only charging at 2kWh. I tried resetting the charger and app, but to no avail, so now it's sat charging, but won't finish until around 7:45pm tonight. Anyone else had the update and had problems. (I know Andyf has had one regarding a jingling sound)
Ding a ling sorted. See that thread.
ID.4 1st edition