“Electric drive not working”

All Volkswagen ID.4 related discussions
Burnsy

Post by Burnsy »

So dealer contacted me this morning to say they had a battery module available and could i drop my car off at lunch time. Lucky i was off and managed to drop it off. The service manager gave me his 23 plate id.4 as a hire vehicle so Great customer service.
My car is being talked from Manchester to Exeter to have the Battery module replaced. Will be gone for a week

Result.
ID4 1st Edition in Honey Yellow (77 kWh

AndyF

Post by AndyF »

Burnsy wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:22 pm So dealer contacted me this morning to say they had a battery module available and could i drop my car off at lunch time. Lucky i was off and managed to drop it off. The service manager gave me his 23 plate id.4 as a hire vehicle so Great customer service.
My car is being talked from Manchester to Exeter to have the Battery module replaced. Will be gone for a week

Result.
Good news. It would be nice to get an id4 as a hire car too if they’re going to keep mine for a week then I have a dog mobile still. I’ll remove my boot liner for the duration so I can protect whatever hire car I get.
Good luck with yours.
ID.4 1st edition
Burnsy

Post by Burnsy »

Hi Andy so they have changed a module on the car and i get it back next week.
What was interesting was that when i got the new software installed if i logged on the app to view the car after a few hours of being parked the range displayed would be a big drop off, and the when i would get into drive the range would be correct. When viewing the car after the new module install, i can log on and the range doesn’t change at all so wondering if this is an early sign of a module issue.
AndyF

Post by AndyF »

Burnsy wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:51 am Hi Andy so they have changed a module on the car and i get it back next week.
What was interesting was that when i got the new software installed if i logged on the app to view the car after a few hours of being parked the range displayed would be a big drop off, and the when i would get into drive the range would be correct. When viewing the car after the new module install, i can log on and the range doesn’t change at all so wondering if this is an early sign of a module issue.
Mine’s showing “drive not working correctly” on the dash, this only appeared after the last app update about a week after the software was updated from 3.0 to 3.2 (I may have already mentioned this, apologies if I have).
ID.4 1st edition
Kelvin1066

Post by Kelvin1066 »

I had this fault sign early on before any updates. Called breakdown service and initially said they would come but then said cannot fix at roadside (too dangerous!) and I should arrange to take to dealer as ok to drive in meantime. Message went away after a couple of days and no more problems so I cancelled appt to rectify and been ok since. Due to have 3.2 update in September so concerned about issues - will check with dealer and may cancel till first service due - only wanted it to get cheaper charging via Ovo - not sure what else it does.
Burnsy

Post by Burnsy »

Kelvin when i first bought the car i had and electric drive fault that came on and then also cleared after a couple of days and the car was fine. When the 3.2 update is applied this looks for issues that vw new about and highlights the battery’s issues. I would still go for the 3.2 update i find it better than the 2.4 with the way it displays range on the small screen rather than switching on the main screen. Also like the 6 hours of charging with octopus intelligent.
Also when they do the 3.2 the garages can do a check to confirm battery issues, and then get you booked in for the replacement.
AndyF

Post by AndyF »

Burnsy wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 7:12 am Kelvin when i first bought the car i had and electric drive fault that came on and then also cleared after a couple of days and the car was fine. When the 3.2 update is applied this looks for issues that vw new about and highlights the battery’s issues. I would still go for the 3.2 update i find it better than the 2.4 with the way it displays range on the small screen rather than switching on the main screen. Also like the 6 hours of charging with octopus intelligent.
Also when they do the 3.2 the garages can do a check to confirm battery issues, and then get you booked in for the replacement.
This is what happened to me. However, the garage just gave me the number of the BCC and told me I have to book it. I’m booked for next month.
ID.4 1st edition
Burnsy

Post by Burnsy »

That’s good to here, I’m due mine back on Tuesday, i keep checking the app, and have had no mileage drop off which looks good.
AndyF

Post by AndyF »

AndyF wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:19 am Is anyone else getting “electric drive not working correctly” warning?
Appeared this morning but coincides with the app update yesterday.
I think it ties in with my pending BCC visit but it’s a bit worrying all the same.
I’m waiting for the dealer to get back to me on it. IMG_1138.pngIMG_1137.jpegIMG_1136.jpeg
Well, well, well!
Got in my car this morning and drove a couple of miles before I realised my car wasn’t ‘lit up like Christmas’. The drive problem indicator and warning triangle were no longer showing and the dialogue box didn’t appear either. Nothings been done to the car so I checked the app. The app confirmed it too. Went to the App Store and there’s was an update four days ago but my app hadn’t updated. I clicked “update” and all is still fine. Go figure.
Now then, was there ever a fault with the drive or as I feel more likely, a software disagreement between the app and the car. The software is still 3.2 (no mystery and unlikely OTA update). So your guess is as good as mine.
Next phase of the VW mysteries happens in just over a week when it goes for its battery recall at the BCC. 🤞🏻
ID.4 1st edition
wilts_jeff

Post by wilts_jeff »

AndyF wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 12:35 pm
AndyF wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:19 am Is anyone else getting “electric drive not working correctly” warning?
Appeared this morning but coincides with the app update yesterday.
I think it ties in with my pending BCC visit but it’s a bit worrying all the same.
I’m waiting for the dealer to get back to me on it. IMG_1138.pngIMG_1137.jpegIMG_1136.jpeg
Well, well, well!
Got in my car this morning and drove a couple of miles before I realised my car wasn’t ‘lit up like Christmas’. The drive problem indicator and warning triangle were no longer showing and the dialogue box didn’t appear either. Nothings been done to the car so I checked the app. The app confirmed it too. Went to the App Store and there’s was an update four days ago but my app hadn’t updated. I clicked “update” and all is still fine. Go figure.
Now then, was there ever a fault with the drive or as I feel more likely, a software disagreement between the app and the car. The software is still 3.2 (no mystery and unlikely OTA update). So your guess is as good as mine.
Next phase of the VW mysteries happens in just over a week when it goes for its battery recall at the BCC. 🤞🏻
I have seen this. Car had been booked into Exeter for the battery module swap out but the message then disappeared. Spoke to customer services at Inchape Exeter who said that they have seen this but the message would come back. A week later it was back. Car booked in for the module swap in September.
ID.4 1st Edition in Dusk Blue Metallic (77 kWh)
MyEnergi Zappi 2